ANNIVERSARY Countdown (Count-Up?)

Today is Friday, March 7th, 2014. We were married 986 days ago, on June 25th, 2011.


Friday, June 3, 2011

Weekend

Hi there.  How ya doin'?  Been a few days, haven't stopped by. 

No, nothin's wrong, just busy.  Had two more candidates for a job search this week, which ate up about ten hours of work time right there.  We've had four so far, and another coming up on Monday.

I have 20 days of vacation time and floating holidays and personal days on my human-resources account, and economically it helps our institution if I use as much as possible during this fiscal year (that is, by June 30), so I'm going to be on vacation from Saturday June 11th through Sunday July 10th.  Two weeks before the wedding, two weeks after.  It'll be good to be here full-time for a couple of weeks in preparation for the big weekend; it's been a long time since I've been here even a week at a time, and I miss it.

But even with that extended time pending, I decided that it was worth making the trip up this weekend.  A long drive, about 4.5 hours with the summer Friday traffic.  But I got to bring a TON of stuff with me that we'll need up here, including the wedding rings, since I thought they ought to be where the wedding is.  I was just imagining discovering on Tuesday of the wedding week that the rings were back in Medford, and having to make a quick drive down and back... so they're here now.  Next week I'll bring my new suit, which should also be in the same state as the wedding; but I have to go buy a shirt and tie for it this week, and that'll be easier to do in Boston.

Anyway, I'll have something more cogent to say tomorrow, especially if I'm able to go buy 50 pounds of river pebbles. (Nora HATES it when I'm cryptic, which is why it's so much fun to do...)  But I figured you'd be worrying, so I wanted to check in.

2 comments:

  1. Good to have you back here. I've worried... (a little.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We forgot to get the marriage license until the day before--and we never DID pick up those river rocks. You kids going on a honeymoon?

    ReplyDelete