ANNIVERSARY Countdown (Count-Up?)

Today is Friday, March 7th, 2014. We were married 986 days ago, on June 25th, 2011.


Monday, April 18, 2011

Wedding community to the rescue!

Okay, it doesn't happen often, but when it does happen, it's miserable. I've got the start of a sinus infection. Without going all TMI on you, I had a dentist about 20 years ago who said that the drain from my sinuses to the back of my throat wasn't actually at the bottom of the cavity like it should be, so mucus could pool up in there and fester. (Sorry. Just saying the word "fester" probably disqualifies this as a wedding blog entry...) Anyway, he offered in all seriousness to drill me a couple of new vents, which I politely declined. So this happens once every couple or three years. Bleh.

I'm looking for your various home remedies for sinus pain. Stand on your head? Breathe from a Vicks inhaler? Mustard plaster? Walk with your head tilted sideways toward the clear side? Clothespin on the left earlobe? I'll try anything. Given our increasingly international viewership, I'm sure I'll hear of something I haven't tried before—a traditional Indonesian treatment, a bowl of yellow curry, vodka.  Actually, I've tried vodka before, so let's scratch that one.

1 comment:

  1. I'm not sure if this will help, given the problems with your "drainage system", but have you tried using a neti pot? Flushing salt water through the sinuses can often head off an infection. I strong-armed Julio (man of frequent sinus infections) into trying it a few years ago (and I mean strong-armed; I held his head in a sort of half nelson while sticking the pot up his nose) and now he's a loyal user.

    That, plus standing on your head, might do the trick.

    If you need a tutorial in June I'd be happy to oblige. Anything to keep the groom fully ventilated!

    ReplyDelete