ANNIVERSARY Countdown (Count-Up?)

Today is Friday, March 7th, 2014. We were married 986 days ago, on June 25th, 2011.


Wednesday, April 13, 2011

OH HAPPY DAY!!!

OK, So I know this blog is supposed to be about the wedding and our relationship and Middletown Springs, but sometimes something comes across the screen that is irresistable.

As you know, I decided to post a welcome to our international visitors, and in showing Mom how I was able to write Arabic and Malay, I discovered this site linked here. I was perusing it for additional phrases when I was stopped cold by the following in Uzbek:

Mening kayiqim baliq bilan to'lgan

When I recovered, I discovered that the site will also translate that same phrase into Turkish where you can chose from: Hoverkraftımın içi yılan balığı dolu   or Hoverkraftımın içi müren dolu

And Armenian: Իմ օդաթիռը լի է օձաձկերով

And Afrikaans: My skeertuig is vol palings


And Estonian: Mu hõljuk on angerjaid täis

And Chinese: 我的氣墊船充滿了鱔魚 [我的气垫船充满了鳝鱼]


And Greenlandic!!!!!: Umiatsiaasara pullattagaq nimerussanik ulikkaarpoq
(Honestly, did YOU know there was a Greenlandic language?)


And for our polyglot crowd:

Here's the Dutch: Mijn luchtkussenboot zit vol paling

Did you get that? My LUCHTKUSSENBOOT!!! Someone is kissing my LUCHT BOOT!

And Italian: Il mio aliscafo è pieno di anguille

And Polish: For Grazyna, Paul, Joanna: Mój poduszkowiec jest pełen węgorzy

And Romanian (for Delia and Josseline): Vehicolul meu pe pernă de aer e plin cu ţipari

Now I could make you all look this up, but here's the translation::

Are you ready?



My hovercraft is full of eels!

Is the internet great or what?????

BUT then there's also these:

In Breton:
Sot oc'h gant ar binîoù?
Are you fond of bagpipes?

Gouzout a ran ober krampouezh.
I know how to make pancakes.

Or this in Cornish:
Yma pluven a-ji dhe'n lyver.
There's a pen inside the book.

Or this in Danish:
Jeg er allergisk over for muskatnød
I am allergic to nutmeg

You never know when you will need to say that.

Or this in Esperanto:
Mi volas brakumi tiun sciuron.
I want to hug that squirrel.

Bonvolu alsendi la pordiston? Lausajne estas rano en mia bideo!
Could you please send for the hall porter? There appears to be a frog in my bidet!

Or in Romanian:
Cu cana poţi să bei lapte, dar cu pisica nu poţi să tai lemne
You can drink milk with a cup, but you can't cut wood with a cat.

Or in Swedish:
De jättelika kräftorna försöker ta över Jorden!
The giant crayfishes are attempting to conquer The Earth!

Or in Lojban ( What is Lojban?)
pavyseljirna kavbu ba'oxuku
Have you caught that Unicorn yet?

OH HAPPY DAY!  Can you say that in Greenlandic or Lojban?

No comments:

Post a Comment