ANNIVERSARY Countdown (Count-Up?)

Today is Friday, March 7th, 2014. We were married 986 days ago, on June 25th, 2011.


Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Road Trip

As I've mentioned, I travel a fair bit for my work and my professional organization.  Nora and I have an "agreement" that every time I go somewhere, I bring back a tourist trinket, usually from the airport.  So far, these things have included:
  • an Arnold Schwartzenegger "Governator" shot glass from Sacramento
  • a pink-heart refrigerator magnet that says "Chicago Princess"
  • a snow-globe with the White House in it
  • a bar of transparent purple lavender soap cut into the shape of the state of Utah
  • and last week from Baltimore, a plastic coin purse with a Maryland crab on one side, and the legend "Pinching Pennies"
There are more than a dozen of these things so far.  And today, I took a quick drive up to Portland Maine, and returned with two items.  Here's one:
Everybody needs a moose, right?



And here's the other:

The engagement ring I designed in partnership with Edie Armstrong of Folia Gallery has returned.  It's rose gold (an alloy of gold and copper, a beautiful pinkish gold), and bears the diamond that my great grandfather gave his new wife in 1892.  It's not as nice a photo as those of the wedding rings, but we'll fix that.

Nora's in class until 8:30 tonight, and has no idea what this ring looks like.  I'll give it to her at dinner tonight... I'm betting she'll like it.

Note from after dinner... she does.

No comments:

Post a Comment