ANNIVERSARY Countdown (Count-Up?)

Today is Friday, March 7th, 2014. We were married 986 days ago, on June 25th, 2011.


Thursday, May 26, 2011

Good thing we're honest...

Last night after work, we went down to Charley's Bar & Grille and took a booth in the basement bar, where it's pretty quiet.  Once our drinks came, I gave Nora the moose, and the ring.  She liked both.

We had our dinner, and our waiter came by to clear dishes and ask if we wanted to see a dessert menu.  "Look," Nora said, waving the back of her hand at the waiter.  "Look what he just gave me."

"Wow!"  He looked at me admiringly.  "Did you do that here, just now?"

"Well, I proposed last summer," I said, "but I just gave her the ring tonight."

And all of a sudden we had free champagne and a comped dessert.  (I did the appropriate thing, of course, and tipped him on what would have been the full amount of the bill.)

So now, Nora's thinking she's just going to take all of our friends one at a time to lunch and to dinner (this being Massachusetts, it doesn't matter which gender the friends are), and at some point, she'll wave her hand under the server's nose and say, "Look... look what s/he just gave me."  Free food at every restaurant in Boston.  Eventually, we'd have to move to another city to keep the scam going...

Who knew that an engagement ring would lead to a life of petty crime?

No comments:

Post a Comment