ANNIVERSARY Countdown (Count-Up?)

Today is Friday, March 7th, 2014. We were married 986 days ago, on June 25th, 2011.


Monday, May 16, 2011

Apart

I'm in Baltimore, working with a friend to lead a writing workshop for eleven faculty members from Stevenson University.  Nora's spent the weekend up in Vermont, and now is back in Medford.  I'll be home on Thursday night.

For people who care so much for each other, we spend an awful lot of time apart.  For years, before she started working at the BAC, Nora would come down to Medford for a weekend or a week once a month.  She had her fuel line stolen from her old Jeep outside the house once... And I would get up to Middletown Springs maybe every other weekend.  It was a pretty miserable time.

Now, for the last eight months, Nora's been working at the BAC, so we spend the majority of our days and nights together rather than separated.  We typically go together to Vermont, come back together to Medford, drive together to and from work.

I like together.

But Nora's been away on Friday and Saturday, and I'll be away on Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday, returning late Thursday evening.  I'll be busy, I'm staying in a wonderful B&B, I'm traveling with a good friend whom I don't get to see nearly often enough, I'll even make a little consulting fee.  All good.  But not as good as together.

No comments:

Post a Comment