ANNIVERSARY Countdown (Count-Up?)

Today is Friday, March 7th, 2014. We were married 986 days ago, on June 25th, 2011.


Thursday, May 26, 2011

"Just how I see you..."

So I know you have all been waiting for the shoe to drop - crystal, I suppose for my Prince Charming... and at last it has.  We should have expected it now that I at last have THE engagement ring. Yes, that's right... I have found THE  dress for the wedding...But you don't really think I am just going to let you see it so easily do you? You know I am going to play with you a little right?

Scene 1:
So I was at work yesterday and everyone is a little giddy with exhaustion and well... it IS the workplace you have all been hearing us talk about for the past decade or two right? So you know that part already... Anyway I was chatting with one of my colleagues and telling him that a friend had sent me a picture of THE dress... And then I told him about it.  Now you will need to understand... he has been married to his husband for 6 years after knowing him for 17 years. He has spiked hair and the most amazing twinkle in his eyes. He is smart and engaging and has the wit to roll with a variety of punches meted out on the job. "Men have it easier" he said. "You buy a pair of pants that fit and a jacket that matches. We both bought black suits when we got married. And white shirts. The only decision was the color of the tie. It's harder for women." We talked about a strong woman friend of his who has been sucked into the same morass....She wound up wearing a beautiful Armani suit," he said.

"What do you WANT to wear," he asked?  Such a smart guy. So naive if he thinks I can get away with that.... When we got back to the office, I showed him the dress on the computer. It had come in an email message from a friend.

He gasped, paused and said, "you know when I first met you, that's JUST how I saw you."  OK so remember that....

Scene 2:
I was in the office talking with another friend today and showing off the ring. I started telling him the dress story....

"It's not just the dress I said... It's giving up control to other people... When the personal shopper brought the third load of abysmal dresses, my mother said  'just try it on... they've tried so hard.'  And the personal shopper said, 'you need to expand your view.' And so I tried on the dresses that didn't expand my view...giving up control to someone I'd never met before, to make THEM feel better, even though it made ME feel bad. That's the wedding industry. Designed to make you lose control." 

So that's the story I told our friend today...

"Why don't you wear some of your artistic clothing," he asked. "A shawl," he said and started making draping motions around his body.

"I see you in something yellow," another colleague at the next desk said. "Or violet. Yes, a shawl. Like that wrap with the holes that you wear."

"Mom still wants me to wear white," I said...

"Why does she want you to wear white?" he asked. I think I shrugged my shoulders.

"How about Klan robes then?" he said.

There are SOME people I am going to miss when I leave the BAC!

So I have stalled long enough....Here's the dress... It's not white, but it may be just the thing! AND remember that my first colleague said, "you know when I first met you, that's JUST how I saw you."
http://camoformal.com/index.php/wedding/bridal-gowns/3066-vivien-leigh-pickup-tulle-ball-gown.html

(The bow is extra!)

And here's what Herb will be wearing:
http://camoformal.com/index.php/guys-camo/men-s-blazer.html

Such a fashion plate! 

And you? What are you wearing to the wedding?  They make the gown in snowy camo as well!

3 comments:

  1. Extreme bow indeed! Vivien Leigh is spinning in her grave! I hope you don't mind, but I HAD to put these up on Facebook--share the fashion news, I say!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why do we care about Danish page counts? Did I miss a post?

    Joseph and I are thinking of this for the wedding:

    http://sushantskoltey.files.wordpress.com/2010/05/polka.jpg

    xo

    ReplyDelete