ANNIVERSARY Countdown (Count-Up?)

Today is Friday, March 7th, 2014. We were married 986 days ago, on June 25th, 2011.


Monday, March 7, 2011

With these rings I thee wed...

Back in early January, we were having coffee in a friend's kitchen, talking about our wedding plans, and about shopping for jewelry, and about how Nora was wearing a $15,600 diamond-and-citrine ring around the jeweler for half an hour.  And their son, in his thirties, said, "This is Vermont.  Cut off some copper pipe, get some SuperGlue and a rock, and you're good to go."  We all had a great laugh over that, but it got me to thinking.  And so, for Nora's birthday in January (and with the help of my BAC friends Juan Guzman and Kevin Fitzpatrick), I made up a Vermonter's Wedding Set. 

Photos courtesy of Blane Nasveschuk
A $1.99 copper fitting, a dollar tube of glue, and a rock I found at a construction site.  Stick it all in a Tiffany box and, as Joey said, "you're good to go."

Well, although that made a fine birthday gift, it wasn't what we wanted to have for our wedding rings.  So now (after all the travails Nora hinted at yesterday), we have these.

Photo courtesy of Blane Nasveschuk
We're wearing them today, but then they'll be boxed up, not to be worn again until June 25th.  We had a nice "opening ceremony" with all of our friends in the dentist's office circled around us on the loveseat while we opened them.  "Will you marry me?" I asked as I put Nora's on her hand.  "Will you marry me?" Nora asked as she put mine on my hand.

Yes.  Yes we will.

No comments:

Post a Comment