ANNIVERSARY Countdown (Count-Up?)

Today is Friday, March 7th, 2014. We were married 986 days ago, on June 25th, 2011.


Friday, March 4, 2011

Patrons of the Arts

This wedding is filled with new experiences.  We never imagined, for instance, that we would commission artworks like a modern extension of the Medici empire.  But as we reported back on February 15th, we've asked Andrew Nyce Designs to create two custom wedding rings for us.  We've seen some that are similar, but the whole point of these two rings are that the fusing and twisting of the metals turns out somewhat different every time.

Yesterday, we got the fateful call from Edie Armstrong, owner of Folia Gallery in Portland Maine.  Our rings are ready.  And now I'm petrified.  What if we aren't as excited by these as we were by the ones that we saw?  As Nora says, we're both committed to each other even if our hands were adorned with cigar bands... but still, I want these to be just right. 

I want my special day to be perfect!!! (snif... I sound like one of the brides-to-be on My Fair Wedding...)

So they'll be shipped to us shortly, and we'll probably have them in hand (HA!) by early next week.  One of the nice things about working in an architectural school is that I have access to a photo studio with good lighting and backgrounds, so I'll take pictures for the web next week.

And no, I won't wear mine until the wedding day.  I'm saving myself for marriage.

No comments:

Post a Comment