ANNIVERSARY Countdown (Count-Up?)

Today is Friday, March 7th, 2014. We were married 986 days ago, on June 25th, 2011.


Thursday, August 25, 2011

Obsessions and Weather

I'm going down to New York to be with Nora and Estelle when she comes home tomorrow.  I wasn't sure about when I'd leave, so I looked at the weather for New York and for Boston.  All predictions were for occasionally strong thunderstorms today, in both cities, extending through late tonight.  By Friday, all should be clear and calm.  So decided to stay here today and leave early Friday morning, and I hunkered in to do some writing.

It's now quarter past eleven on Thursday night, and it's been completely clear since I read those forecasts at just before one o'clock this afternoon.  I looked out at my car parked at the curb, and saw that there were some water spots on the windshield at about 4:00 this afternoon.  I could be in New York easily.  I just hope I don't get rained on in the morning, but I'm not even going to bother with the forecasts.  It'll do whatever it's gonna do.

But as I say, I started writing at about 1:00, and just finished ten minutes ago.  It took me ten hours to write five hours of one character's life—he got up at 8 am and I just wrote him up to 12:45 in the afternoon.  He's an interesting character, but too easy so far, not complicated enough.  And he's in an interesting circumstance, but he isn't struggling enough with it yet.  The other characters are cardboard, except for two who are showing me some potential.  (I sound like I'm conducting tryouts for a baseball team.  And in a way, I am.  Some of those characters are going to get cut after spring training, and the others are going to need a lot of coaching.)

And so now I'm exhausted, so what am I doing?  Writing a blog post.  Nuts, eh?

[I hear thunder in the distance... at 11:27 pm]

No comments:

Post a Comment