- We continue to make one another laugh.
- We continue to learn new things about each others' characteristics, even the ones we already thought we understood.
- We continue our ongoing pattern of alternate sanity, so that at least one of us is capable of offering support when the other is experiencing lunacy (whether that lunacy is internally generated or externally imposed).
- We continue to ask each other for advice, even about areas in which mastery is important to us. We're not afraid to be learners with each other.
- We have been strong in the face of multiple unknowns and uncertainties. The world has thrown a lot of crap at us already in just over three months, and we have addressed all of it with agreement and unity. When big things rear up, we face them together and without hesitation.
- We've gone on dates once a week or so, leaving other stuff behind to just be us.
Monday, October 3, 2011
The First Hundred Days
Common wisdom has it that a new President is judged by the agenda he sets in motion during his first hundred days in office. Nora and I have been married for 100 days as of about 5:30 this afternoon; how will history judge our record?