ANNIVERSARY Countdown (Count-Up?)

Today is Friday, March 7th, 2014. We were married 986 days ago, on June 25th, 2011.


Friday, September 2, 2011

Women's Wisdom

I drove up to Middletown Springs today.  It took not much more than the usual four hours, but I could definitely see the impacts of the flooding as I drove across VT103 from Chester to Wallingford.  There were significant (and often unmarked) washouts along the shoulders, sometimes biting into the traffic lanes as well.  There were trees down within the floodplain, piles of river rocks in unlikely locations.  I saw a utility trailer in the river at one point, and a muddy car in someone's yard tilted up onto an equally mud-coated power generator.

But I arrived at about 3:30, and it took me a couple of hours to relax, leaving the memories of driving and work and vomiting cats to fade behind me.  While I was doing a little emergency work via e-mail from the deck, Nora got a call from our friend Jeannette.  She was checking in to see how Mom was doing; as they chatted, Nora mentioned that I'd arrived.  "Well, I'd better let you go, then.  You need to start dinner for your hubby."

We did have dinner kind of early this evening... over at Sissy's Kitchen, using one of our wedding gifts.  I don't know if that counts as making dinner for one's hubby, but it was good.  When we returned home, Nora called Mom and checked in; our friends Susan and David were over visiting with her, and both of them talked to Nora as well.  Susan asked, "So what are the two of you going to be doing?  Will you be working, or getting re-acquainted?"  Nora suggested it might be some of both.  "Well, you could open a bottle of wine, and read poems to each other."

I like the way this is going.  Pretty soon, I'm going to be reclining on my Chesterfield while Nora brings me vodka limes, and Ed and Simon perform the greatest hits of Hall and Oates.
Ed's the one on the left...
Who knew that in 2011, women would be advising Nora to emulate June Cleaver?

I haven't gotten any advice from my guy friends on how to treat Nora...  "Mow the lawn, dude."

No comments:

Post a Comment